Whenever we think about hair removing, the first thing that comes to our mind is the pain. With hot waxing, strip waxing, etc. we suffer a lot of pain to have that flawless skin. But with the advent of epilators, waxing is easy as never before.
Agree or not, you all desire that smooth skin. It gives us the confidence to wear any cloth of our choice. Be it hot pants for a day out with your friends or that little black dress for a date night. With smooth skin, you can be confident enough to wear anything. Waxing is a horror to everyone, who has done it at least once in her lifetime. The pain that is associated with the process is terrible and added to that; hair grows back soon after.
There are other ways as well, like shaving but then the hair grows very fast and tends to become thick. With hair removal cream, the process takes a long time and is expensive as well. Trust us, we have tried everything, but nothing seemed to be impressing to us until we met epilators.
If you too want to have the best waxing experience, read on the article and decide which one to pamper yourself with.
Top 5 Best Epilators Review 2020
There are thousands of epilators available in the market. And thousands more are getting added to the market cart each year. Every epilator comes with some unique features and advanced technology to make waxing journey smoother. You might get confused which one would be the best for you. But do not worry; we are here to help you. Taking into account all the features and reviews, we have listed down the top 5 best epilators of the year. We have used these epilators personally and have loved the experience.
1. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-579 – Best Facial Epilator
Braun has been offering hair removal solutions to women since 1921 when they had started with blades. But with time and trend, they have now become one of the leading producers for quality epilators.
With so many years of expertise and dedication in making the best beauty product, Braun has once again come up with a great and efficient epilator. You can use it easily anywhere on your skin, and you would feel no pain. Additional attachments are also provided with the product, which is a bonus.
The smooth operations and the efficient tweezers help in epilating smallest hairs from your body. Even though the product is a bit expensive, but the efficiency and the longevity would make you satisfied for investing in it. If you want to get silky smooth skin in a dry environment and if you do not have facial hairs to wax, then this would be the best epilator for you.
Highlights of the product:
- Very gentle on skin.
- A painless waxing experience
- There are no cords attached with the device.
- Can help in both wet and dry use.
- Very efficient for short hairs.
- The tweezers are very efficient and close gripped.
- The product is equally efficient for wet as well as dry use. So you can use it while bathing.
- Includes an additional attachment which helps in exfoliation of the skin, keeping it clean.
- The vibration of this device is pulsating.
- It includes additional accessories which convert it to an electronic razor.
- Cannot be used for removing hairs from eyebrows or upper lips as the size is too big for those places.
- When includes attachment for converting it to an electronic razor, then it cannot be used wet.
2. Braun Silk-Epil 7 7-561
The famous innovator of beauty products, Braun have come up with yet another exciting epilator. With cutting edge technology and superior quality of tweezers, it can epilate smallest of hairs from the skin to make it smooth.
Coming from the renowned brand of hair removing product developers, Braun, this product would not disappoint you as well. The functioning of the product is very useful and you can use the product without any worry for years.
The different attachment provided with the epilator would serve different purposes. And being so affordable, you would find no burden after buying this product.
The 40 tweezers effectively work on your skins, tweezing smallest of hairs and that too without any pain. So if you are looking for a cost-effective epilator that comes with multiple benefits, then you should opt for this product.
Highlights of the product:
- Very gentle on the skin.
- Works very efficiently for short hairs.
- The close grip tweezers help in epilating finest of hair for up to 4 weeks.
- Leaves a very smooth skin post usage.
- Can be used in wet as well as dry conditions with equal efficiency.
- Comes with about 6 extra attachments that include a trimmer cap, a shaver head, a sensitive area cap, an efficiency cap, a high-frequency massage cap and a facial cap.
- The product comes with a two years warranty as well.
- Works very effectively and remove the smallest of hairs.
- Comes with different attachments for different and personalized usage.
- The price of the product is very affordable.
- The two years warranty does not cover for all the attachment parts.
- The design is not very grip-friendly, so you might face problems sometimes while holding it.
3. Philips Satinelle Epilator HP6421/00
Philips is a famous brand all over the world for producing quality electronic gadgets. And when they decided to build devices for the beauty industry, they created the best. With their wide range of beauty gadgets that is highly efficient, this product is no exception as well.
Coming from a trusted grooming brand Philips, this product would fulfill all your expectations. The efficient tweezers would leave your skin feeling smooth. The sensitive cap provided with it can save you from going to the parlor for bikini waxing.
It gives a great experience to the people using it, and you would fall in love with the product while using it. Even though you have to plug in the cord while using it, but the cable is as long as 2 meters, so you will not face any problem. If you are on a budget and want to go for a branded and efficient product, this would be an excellent choice for you.
Highlights of the product:
- The epilator is equipped with two different speed settings for epilating hairs gently but quickly.
- The tweezers work so gently on the skin that they pull of all the hairs without any pain.
- The design is very unique and user-friendly to provide you with the maximum grip.
- Works efficiently to remove hairs as small as 0.5mm.
- Sensitive area cap for using the product on your bikini line and underarm without any pain.
- Additional cleaning brush to remove all the excess hairs from the epilator.
- The epilator head is washable in order to promote extra hygiene along with easy cleaning.
- 2 Years warranty from Philips India as well as the Manufacturer.
- A great product to be used on your bikini line.
- Usage causes no pain at all.
- Extra care is given for easy cleaning of the product.
- Two years of warranty indicates a high-quality product.
- The product is very cost effective.
- Cannot be used without attaching a cord to it.
- Can only be used in a dry environment but not at all ideal for using in the wet environment.
4. Emjoi AP-18 Emagine
Emjoi is a well-known grooming brand all over the world that produces quality and the wide range of grooming products. Their huge collection of products includes shavers, trimmers, epilators, etc. the highlight of this product is its tweezers, read on to know more.
With a trusted grooming brand like Emjoi, the epilator could not have gone wrong. With 72 tweezers the hair removal is done very fast yet effectively. Holding the product is comfortable for you, and you would love the experience of hair removal every time you use it. The power cord is also a long one so that you would not face any obstacle while charging it.
Highlights of the product:
- It contains 72 tweezers that would help you epilate the smallest hair within the shortest period of time.
- The epilating journey is almost painless and improves as you go on using it for the longest time.
- This is a one-stroke epilator which removes hair easily from your skin area within the first attempt.
- Flaps are present on the middle head of the product for gathering hair faster.
- The unique design makes sure that the tweezers get hold of the hair quickly and can epilate them in one stroke.
- It comes with 72 tweezers for easy one stroke and fast hair removal.
- The head of the product is staggered to get a better grip on the hair.
- The user-friendly design would help you to grip the product correctly.
- The power cord is long, so you would not face any problem while charging it.
- The product is a bit noisy when you are using it.
- It does not come with any attachments unlike most of the other epilators.
- This is not an ideal product for using on coarse hairs.
5. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521
Because of the fantastic products that they make, Braun has again made it to our list. The Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521 is the most precise epilator produced by this brand. The user-friendly design and the super technology that has been used to make the product is truly worth a mention.
You would be very satisfied using this product. The wider head is an excellent improvisation by Braun as it reduces the time you would spend on epilating your hair. The easy to grip design would make it easier for you to hold the product. The massage attachments prove to be a great companion in providing comfort in the hair removal process.
This is a good investment for people who are running out of time and need an epilator that can work efficiently without taking much time. And coming from a quality and experienced brand like Braun, you would not have to worry about the quality of the product.
Highlights of the product:
- The epilator has a real broadhead, which means, you would be able to remove more hairs at one stroke.
- The product is equipped with MicroGrip Tweezer technology.
- The tweezers present on this product are deep and long so that they can epilate with greater efficiency.
- It has been noticed that this product can remove up to 4 times more hair than normal waxing.
- You can use this product in both, wet as well as dry conditions.
- You would also get a massage attachment with this product, which would help you to ease out any kind of epilating discomfort.
- The pivoting head is designed in such a way, that you would be able to remove hair from all the curves of your body.
- The product has a beautiful design.
- Ideal for using if you have sensitive skin.
- Can keep you free of hairs for up to 4 weeks.
- Comes with a massage attachment to provide comfort while epilating.
- Have a broadhead which would reduce the time and would finish epilating hairs quickly.
- The product might require many passes.
- This product is very prone to breakage.
Best Epilators Buyer’s Guide
How do I find the Best Epilator for me?
We have given a brief about the best epilators that are available in the market. Now that you have read that, we guess you would be able to choose the perfect one for yourself. But in case you are still confused about which one to buy, then our next segment would help you with that.
Helping you to find the correct one;
Many of us are confused about the workings of an epilator and some of us have not even heard about it. This is quite unfortunate, as epilators are one of the easiest and cost-effective methods of removing hair. Earlier the epilators had a limited strategy of working. They helped in epilating hairs in the dry environment. But now with the innovation of technology, new epilators are getting added to the market each day. They have some fantastic added features along with their primary work, which makes a choice more difficult for you. So listed here are some of the essential features that you should definitely check in case you want an epilator that would cater to all your needs.
You would need to check whether the epilator pulls your hair or breaks it. It is very important to have your hair pulled rather than breaking it for long lasting effect and smoother skin. If your epilator is breaking your hairs, then it would be similar to shaving. You would see that in a few days your hair has grown back. Also, it would lead to ingrown hairs as the half broke hair would curl back to the roots.
If you want a faster hair removal that too with efficiency, then you should check out the number of tweezers an epilator has. The more are the number of tweezers, and the faster would be the epilating process. However, you should keep in mind that, more tweezers also means more pain. So according to your preference, make a wise decision.
Depending on your tolerance of pain, it becomes essential to check if you need an efficiency cap. In case you have a lower tolerance, then you should go for an epilator that has efficiency cap. This cap would help you to ease the pain that you face while epilating. They are placed on the head of the tweezers in such a way that the tweezers take maximum angle for epilating hairs, which reduces the pain a lot.
3. Noise Level
A good epilator also has speed options in it, which would also help you to epilate hairs from all the sensitive parts of your body. Generally, the tweezers rotate at high speed which makes epilating a faster process for most of your skin parts. But if you want to use an epilator on sensitive parts like the back of your knees or armpits, then it should have speed control options. These parts would need the tweezers to rotate a bit slower than how it works on the other parts. Along with this, a good epilator should also have a low noise level or none at all.
4. Built-in Light
In case if you are epilating in your bathroom at night, then chances are there that some small hairs might go unnoticed. Overhead lights in a shower might not be strong enough to guide you through everything. Having an inbuilt light that would guide you while you epilate to see the smallest of hairs would reduce the chances of patchy skin.
5. Wet & Dry or Dry Only
Also, check the wet and dry options that are available in the market. If you are someone who prefers to use epilators while taking a shower at a go, then you should check this. An epilator which can be used in a wet environment would cater all your needs and would help you epilate hairs while bathing. If you are a traveler, then this would be an excellent option for you to have a clean and mess-free setup in your hotel.
Try to choose a cordless epilator because that would help you to use it whenever and wherever possible. You would not need to think about a possible plug point before using it. In short, it would make epilating more comfortable and convenient.
7. Washable Head
While buying an epilator, you should also check how quickly you can clean it. A good epilator has a removable head that would help you to clean all the hair stuck on it during the epilating process. An unhygienic epilator causes skin infection, and your skin would be more prone to breakouts.
If you are someone who travels a lot and want something more than just an epilator, then you can check the different accessories available with it. Some accessories can help you in exfoliation, scrubbing, etc. as well and you would not need to carry a lot of things for doing these grooming activities.
How To Reduce Epilator Pain?
The idea of removing hair from the roots is quite exciting, but it does come with a bit of pain. The quantity of pain depends on your tolerance. Some people find it painful while the others say, it is okay. It pains less than waxing but more than shaving. So if you can bear the pain of waxing, this would be easy for you. In case you are a shaving person, think about the frequent hair growth and that too with ingrown. We are sure, after a few days of usage, you would feel no pain while epilating and to comfort you from pain, epilators do provide efficiency cap. If you have a very low tolerance towards pain, opt for an epilator that is equipped with an efficiency cap.
There are several others ways by which you can reduce epilator pain. We have listed below some of the effective ways for you-
1. Take a Shower Beforehand
Use an epilator just after a shower as that would keep your skin soft. It would be easy for you to epilate the hair while they are soft and you would feel lesser pain.
If you have a low tolerance for pain, the best option for you is to epilate while you shower. This would enable you to have a less painful experience and also it would be easy for you to clean the epilator. For this, wet and dry epilators are the best choice for you.
2. Hold the Skin Taut
Do not epilate on loose skin. Pull your skin tightly together and then start the process. It would help the epilator to have lesser passes on your skin, which implies lesser pain.
3. Avoid Goosebumps
Start the epilating process making sure that you are warm. This is because if you have Goosebumps, then that would make epilating tough for you. The epilator head would not be able to pull off all the hair from the roots which would ultimately result in the hairs getting broken from the middle. This means you would have more hair growth and that too with ingrown.
Exfoliating your skin is essential. It would remove all the dead cells and if there is any ingrown than exfoliation would make that soft for easy removal. So it would be excellent if you can exfoliate your skin a few days before you epilate. You can use anybody scrubber of your choice, or you can make one by combining a little bit of brown sugar with your body wash.
5. Try a Wet & Dry Epilator
As mentioned earlier, epilating while your skin is wet would reduce the pain. So why not epilate while you take a shower? That would not only help you to reduce pain, but you can quickly clean the epilator and maintain its hygiene level which is very important.
There are some other ways as well by which you can reduce the pain of an epilator. That includes,
6. Shaving before epilating
You can shave before you epilate in case you have bigger hair. Epilators work much better when the hair size is really small. Shaving before epilating would reduce the size of the hair and would make the process much smoother.
7. Using numbing cream or ice pack
Use an ice cube or numbing cream on your skin depending on your pain tolerance. Using these things would let you feel much lesser pain while epilating. You can use these products especially in the case of the sensitive area. You can apply cold compress or toner post hair removal as this has a great healing effect.
If you are someone who loves to have smooth skin but does not want to waste much time or money to get it, buying an epilator would be the best choice for you. If you have not used the product once, we would advise you to give it a try. You would fall in love with it.
If you are a new user who has not tried epilators earlier, you might feel a bit of pain. But with time and as you use it more, the sense of pain while epilating would go away and you would fall in love with the experience.